[SCCC] 80m antenna for So Cal lot?

Cliff Frescura cf at cfcorp.com
Tue Aug 10 08:24:57 PDT 2010

What worked for me was starting with an 80m inverted vee (on paper), then
adding traps for 40m and 17m in order to shorten it.  So I ended up with an
80m antenna that could also work two other bands as a bonus.  The antenna
was also "bent" in a dog leg fashion to fit on the lot (probably about 120
degree angle in horizontal plane).  Don't make the inverted vee internal
angle too small (easy to do if you can get enough height at the center
point)

You could add additional traps (within limits) to increase the shortening
effect.

http://www.unadilla.com/traps.htm

The guide that they provide with the traps is very helpful and serves as a
good starting point for measurements.  I'm in the midst of moving, so if I
ever find mine I will pdf it and email it to you.

Granted, the bandwidth is pretty narrow, the initial construction can be
fussy (start with highest frequency first), but it worked well enough to put
me over the top for DXCC on 80m.

73,

Cliff K3LL