[SCCC] 80m antenna for So Cal lot?

Timothy Coker n6win73 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 08:03:45 PDT 2010

Is there an 80m antenna Maven in the group here? I have an area of 30'x75'
in the backyard available for an 80m antenna, with a 55' tower as a center
support about to be installed in the next month.

I currently have a 30' Rohn 25G supporting a shortened double bazooka setup
in an inverted-v configuration which takes up the length of the backyard.

I am mainly interested in domestic contests, with an emphasis being placed
on the CQP, NAQP's, and Sweepstakes. DXing comes secondary.

Is there an antenna that I might be overlooking for 80m? I can provide a
.pdf site map of my property that I drew up for the city to anyone who might
have an interest in helping me come up with a better 80m antenna.

Thanks,

Tim, N6WIN.