[SCCC] W6KY NAQP CW SOLP

Art - W6KY w6ky at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 23:40:47 PDT 2010

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W6KY
Operator(s): W6KY
Station: W6KY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 8.0

  160:    1     1
   80:    24     7
   40:  232    44
   20:  211    44
   15:     3     2
   10:     1     1
-------------------
Total:  472    99  Total Score = 46,728

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

You would think over the years I would learn NOT to take all my 2 hours of
breaks up front. By 3 PM all my 2 hours of breaks were gone. Then
'contest interrupterus' caused me to lose another 2 hours.
Only got in 8 hours...Saving those last 50 QSO's for 80 meters to
break 500. Went to 80. Noise off the charts. Managed 24 locals.. 20 and 40 were
great. Nobody there to S&P on 15 and 10 to 20 CQ's for a QSO toooo long.

For those who eMailed me regarding my washing machine motor driven spinning
GAP verticals, I found the wash cycle is best for 80/40.The rinse cycle is best
for
20 and the spin cycle for 15/10.  According to the instructions from the K6NA
phase
auger driven RF wavefront synchronizer for Gotham verticals the slower rotation
of the vertical in the wash cycle corresponds to the longer 80/40 meter
wavefronts.
This also agrees with Steven Hawkins expanding universe theory.

RIG:  ICOM IC-756PROII
      GAP Vertical
      N1MM
(Aluminum challenged station)