[SCCC] CQ 160 METER Contest

N6QQ n6qq at msn.com
Tue Feb 2 16:01:30 PST 2010

                   CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N6QQ
Operator(s): N6QQ
Station: N6MXU

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: CA

Total:  QSOs = 300          State/Prov = 54          Countries = 20           Total Score = 130,720

Worked 20 countries and 48 states.

Best DX was     CN2R, PQ0F, CR2X, CT3FN, I4DZ, CE1/K7CA and UA0LT

Was listening to N6HY and K6YUI working lots of good stuff, but I could not hear who there were working.
Looks like their antenna system was working great.

Bill's (N6MXU) antenna is invented V at 90 feet.  First night, could not operation above 1.830 Mhz.  Lots of the Eu was above that frequency.
Second night, Bill add more wire to the antenna and change the frequency up to 1.860. Made a big difference in working more stations.

Thanks for the use of Bill's (N6MXU) station.  We are still studying  what are the best choices for antennas for 160 and 80 for his QTH.

73  John

QRZ:     http://www.qrz.com/db/N6QQ
Eqsl:     http://www.eqsl.cc/Member.cfm?n6qq
My Log: http://dx.qsl.net/cgi-bin/logform.cgi?n6qq