[SCCC] NAQP RTTY KQ6ES Single Op LP

John Simmons kq6es at roadrunner.com
Sun Feb 28 13:49:23 PST 2010

North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: KQ6ES
Class: Single Op LP

Band  QSOs  Mults
-------------------
   80:   13     6
   40:   69    32
   20:   71    33
   15:   32    18
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  186    90  Total Score = 16,740

Club: Southern California Contest Club
Team: SCCC #1

Comments:
This didn't go that well, but I think it still beats my previous NAQP high.
I got off to a rousing start, with the first QSO freezing my mouse. My
energy level was held down by the last stages of a cold, but I plugged away,
fueled by hot tea. My plan to save an hour of off time for the end and avoid
the dreaded 80m agonies was screwed up by family stuff, as often happens.
80m was just horrible for me, and it will remain poor until I find another
antenna. I had some nice little flurries calling CQ on 40m. I noticed the
noise level rising on 10m about 1:30pm and called CQ - I was answered almost
immediately by Tim K6GEP - nice timing for the mult. A few JAs called me on
15m, which is always a welcome sign. I didn't realize it at the time, but I
not work a California station on 40m, 20m, and 15m. It seemed I heard fewer
than usual CA stations.

I'll probably won't be back on the air until the WPX Phone, trying the amp
on SSB for the first time here.
John kq6es

FT-1000MP
Cushcraft A3 at 20ft