[SCCC] RTTY Roundup KQ6ES Single Op LP

John Simmons kq6es at roadrunner.com
Sun Jan 3 16:46:26 PST 2010

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KQ6ES

Class: Single Op LP

Operating Time (hrs):

Band  QSOs

------------

   80:   25

   40:   96

   20:  190

   15:   27

   10:    1

------------

Total:  339  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 12  Total Score = 20,679

My first RTTY in several months. I had 22 more Qs and one less multiplier
than

I had in 2009. Finding and working DX was difficult to say the least. Almost
89%

of my contacts were with W/VE.

Before the contest and for the first hour, I seemed to be receiving OK but
MMTTY

wasn't doing good copy. This had me baffled and I thought I might have to
quit.

Then I remembered I had installed a/v software for one of those little
computer

cameras. As soon as I changed the MMTTY microphone selection back to what it
had

been before, all was well. Another lesson learned.

John kq6es

FT-1000MP 70 watts

Cushcraft A3 at 20ft

Butternut vertical