[SCCC] W6TK - NAQP-SSB

Dick Stepanian dickw6tk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 15:44:06 PST 2010

                   North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

 160:   23    10
  80:  209    40
  40:  140    41
  20:  420    54
  15:   58    20
  10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  850   165  Total Score = 141,100

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2
Comments:  Well - got started about an hour late again...but this time
things seemed to go well for at least another hour on 15 before they
got soft.  Acciddently - ended up on a great run freq at low end of 20
for 1+ hrs,  then continued to play on 20 another 2+ hrs.  Kept looking back
up to 15 and even 10 - pretty flat to nada!  Then things seemed to get
pretty "mushy" on 20 also.  40 still wasn't very open so took about a 30 min
nap - yep getting older is my only excuse!  I was excited about the 80
mtr Q's - which was a pleasant surprise - I am pretty sure that is the best
I have ever experienced on 80.  Never heard or worked VE4 and only one KH6
Q.  Great to work a couple of VE8's and thanks to KL7RA for AK and N8NA,
Karl,
 for DE on 3 bands!  It was too bad I couldn't/didn't hear more SCCC players
- on central coast it seems I can hear and work the NCCC guys a lot more
readily than SOCAL.  Anyway - fun as always.  Hopefully things will continue
to improve.  73 - Dick