[SCCC] W6TK - WXP SSB

Dick Stepanian dickw6tk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 09:50:46 PDT 2010

                   CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: SB
Operating Time (hrs): 27.5

------------
 160:   11
  80:  225
  40:  245
  20:  822
  15:  328
  10:   52
------------

Comments: Where to start....found I had RF issues - especially on 160-80 and
even on 40.  Have some ideas but this will
obviously require some corrective action.  Thanks for any who had put up
with the "scratchy" audio - especially on 80.  I was
pretty excited to hear 10 open at the beginning of the contest...but didn't
open as much as I was hoping...never did hear
anything to the west until Sunday afternoon when I worked KH6BB...but no
VK's or JA's...and didn't have anything much stateside
either.  Worked a lot more prefixes this year which helped the score even
though I was over a 100 q's less than last year.
Got a few decent runs going on 15 and 20 - good JA/Asia/Pacific run on 15
and good stateside(prefix) and some dx on 20.
Got up early both mornings - 4:30AM and had good little JA run on 40 for a
while.  Sounded like EU was going to come through
better on Sunday morning - worked several before going qrt for church, etc -
then when I got back in early afternoon...bands were
pretty puny...lot of noise and strange band and skip condx.  Overall...fun
as aways....one of these days ole sole will get back up
to speed and life will be full of "joy" once more!  Lot's of big
scores...good to hear all the action!

Rig: FT-1000MP - MkV---> Alpha 374A
Antenna:  HYGain Explorer 14 at 50 ft - w/rotateble 40 Mtr rotatable
dipole for 40-10 Mtrs:
               1/4 wave slopper's for 160 and 80.
Software:  N1MM