[SCCC] Calif QSO Party K6GEP SOFixed LP

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 31 20:03:26 PDT 2010

                    California QSO Party

Call: K6GEP

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: ORAN
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:    2      2
   80:   34     51
   40:   24      5
   20:   97     29
   15:   49      7
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  206     94  Mults = 47  Total Score = 37,882

Club: Calif BEARS

Comments:

After putting in a grueling 32 hours the previous weekend in CQ WW RTTY, I
decided to take it easy for this year's CQP.  My goal was to make around 300
Q's, versus the 500 or so I've done before.  I ended up putting in 9 hours
chair time, compared to the usual 18.

My other goals were to work an LOTW WV station on 15 meters and CW for WAS and
Triple Play awards.  I made a QSO on 15 CW, but he hasn't confirmed it yet in
LOTW.  8-(   I also wanted to pick up my remaining states on 10m, but the
propagation did not cooperate.

I was surprised at how badly my multiplier count was damaged by working fewer
hours.  5 Land mults seemed harder to work than usual on my windom.
Propagation seemed to go N-S on 20 that weekend.  I worked only 47 of the 58.
Missed   ME  VT  NV  NE  ND  AR  LA  MS  NM  QC  &  AB.   Worked about 2/3 of
our counties.

The pleasant surprise came on Sunday morning when the 15 and 20 opened to
Europe, and I felt like I was in a DX contest.  Fun to have European stations
return my CQ from my modest station.  Great participation from EU.

Congrats to Arnie, N6HC for his apparent win for ORAN county.

Reminder to SCCC members:  SCCC cannot compete in the club competition in CQP.
This is the time to pick some other club.

Rig: FT-990 , 100W

Ants:
80 meter dipole sloping from 40 feet
80 meter OCF Windom sloping from 40 feet
40 meter inv vee at 45 feet (for 40 & 15)
Wilson SY-2 Tribander at 18 feet

N3FJP Calif QSO Party Logger