[SCCC] NY Ham Cited for Talking on Cel

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 12:46:11 PDT 2010

*To Dan Henderson, ARRL, ARRL Regulatory Information Manage

Re: New York Judge Declares Amateur Radio Is Not a Cell Phone

http://www.arrl.org/news/new-york-judge-declares-amateur-radio-is-not-a-cell-phone

It was great to learn the citation was dismissed but I am sure it will
happen again to other NY hams and
waste everyone's time and more  taxpayer's money !

What NY and other state's hams should do.... is to carry a letter in their
vehicles like the CA hams do

I will send a separate e-mail with the letter attached
( Those recipients of this mail that need a copy of the letter, please
e-mail me and I will send a copy )

It is from the state capitol office of CHP ( CA Highway Patrol )

That may stop the citation from being issued in the first place.

You might consider my info for publication in QST so that other hams in
other states ( and CA )
are aware that it may be a good thing to carry such a letter in their
vehicles in case they are ever stopped
for just talking into their microphones and not driving dangerously at the
time of the stop !

73, Dennis Vernacchia N6KI
San Diego
*