[SCCC] 70 to 80 foot Ft Crank Up ( NOT 45 Ft as first reported ) Tower ( On Ground ) available in POWAY. - FREE

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 18:21:48 PDT 2011

The FREE 45 foot tower ( On Ground in a private property yard ) I advertised
a few days ago tuned out to be Taller and Heavier  and more sections
than the owner had give me information on !!!

Here's the latest from a ham friend that took the time to go and take some
pix of it

It is 7 sections that collapses to 14' 4" and I would estimate extends to
between 70 and 80 feet  high depending on whether 3 or 4 feet of each
sections stays nested - painted and I would assume needs to

Looking at construction of the tower in the pix, I would say it needs to be
guyed
and is probably NOT a free-standing tower.pix

It is gonna need a LOT of TLC ! ( The ham that inspected it said teh rust
appears to be cosmetic and tower would have to be
wire brushed or sand blasted then painted.

There is one interested party in San Diego that will make an attempt to haul
it away next week

In case he fails to secure it and you are still interested in it let me know
and I can send you
Contact info and photos of tower in Poway/Rancho Bernardo area

Again there is NO Paper work with it or any identifying tags on it so
if you are in an area that requires permits - FAHGHEDDABOUTIT !

I have NO pecuniary interest in this matter

73, Dennis N6KI