[SCCC] ARRL 10 K6GEP(@N6WIN) SO Mixed HP

Timothy Coker n6win73 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 02:55:55 PST 2011

I had met Tim at Arnie's place during a club meeting. Tim was giving a
presentation about his IOTA expedition last summer and it appeared that Tim
was a good guy. It was pretty cool having Tim surprise me with the birthday
comment in the middle of his operating. Watching him go from the low wires
type of confidence mode to a command the frequency (domestically) mode was
neat. Tim is a good guy to invite over, he was prompt, easy to get a long
with, and committed. Thanks for the comments on the station Tim,
improvements are being made already based off the list.

I also learned a new trick in using my wireless speakers/headphones to
monitor Tim's contesting... it provided me with a lot of entertainment
while doing chores around the house. I used a Y adapter on the headphones
audio output of the K3 to my wireless transmitter that I picked up for
listening to music. I had been thinking of doing this before when DXing and
a guy is working by the numbers... now I have another use for this
equipment.

73,

Tim / N6WIN.