[SCCC] ARRL 10 K6GEP(@N6WIN) SO Mixed HP

Bob Wilson N6HB at n6hb.org
Wed Dec 14 19:11:58 PST 2011

Dennis Younker NE6I wrote:
> On my end (receiving-wise), one thing I have noticed over the years is
that if
> the other station is using one off beat phonetic, chances are, I will
remember
> him better later in the contest and realize that he is a dupe. This was
more
> important in the paper logging days than it is now.

Dennis, thank you for noting that! It was the exact reason I always used one
non-standard phonetic back at my New England station:
"Kilo Alpha One XRay NORWAY"
It doesn't matter about computer logging. If you can prevent someone (by
memory) from calling you a second time on the band, it's time saved.
Besides, "Norway" is easily understood and it's one less syllable.

-Bob