[SCCC] Rig audio

rgrubic at aol.com rgrubic at aol.com
Sat Feb 5 09:34:40 PST 2011

I  faced the same situation and built a breakout box that connected to the rear speaker jack (I ignored the front phone jack).

The breakout box had 3 separate jacks for headphones (in the front) and a jack for an external speaker in the back. I mounted the box under a shelf by the radio. Each had its own potentiometer as did the speaker (a 1 or 2 k ohm pot worked ok) and in addition the speaker had a kill switch (not in the pot).

I thought the multiple headphones would serve for showing someone (in my case my son) about contesting. You would want separate pots for that. (We did,) You could also then connect an audio recorder to one jack.

Be mindful of using mono or stereo jacks as per your need.

It's really nice to have.

73,
Bob, NC6Q
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T