[SCCC] NAQP SSB KI6VC

Vic ki6vc at verizon.net
Mon Jan 17 12:11:05 PST 2011

NAQP SSB

Station:      KI6VC
Call:            KI6VC
Op:              Himself
Class:         SOLP
Op Time:     5.5 Hrs

Band        QSO     MULT
80                26         10
40                71          25
20                46          25
15                87          29
10                  1             1
-----------------------------------
                    231          90        Claim Score 21,021

Station: !C-756ProIII, 40 ~ 10 F12 C4SXL  50 Ft, 80~ ShuntLoaded  Tower
Software: N1MM

NOTES:

I suffered from Contestium Interruptius!!  First a neigbor need a battery jump then another needed a ride into Mojave. Just as 20 got warm,  an alarm at work went off and I'm #2 on the list.
The end came with an old friend not seen in years driving through CA dropped in...with the whole tribe.  You should have seen the look on his wife's face while I showed/demo'ed the shack!!!
A very sour "You need another wife..." was the only comment.   Meko found the first girl who didn't like him and he didn' t like her.  Sparky kept the kids out of our hair.

The decline in the solar activity was really evident.  I started on 10 this go-a-round but after 5 minutes and 1 very weak Q I moved to 15..  I checked 10 about every 20 or so minutes and nada.  40 was excellent with New England booming in
well before sunset.  I did a lot more S&P this time and the mult number shows it.  Overall activity was good.

The C4 is coming down this weekend for a new balun.  Hopefully the job will be done quickly and I can work  some of the VHF SS after that it's on to the CQWW 160 CW

NCDXC/IDXC still not taking reservations???

73 KI6VC Meko&Sparky

RF cures Global Warming...Save the world
CONTEST MORE