[SCCC] Contest Skimmers

H Lawrence Serra hlserra at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 28 18:30:55 PST 2011

For those operating multi/assisted from San Diego, there two useful skimmers covering our regional propagation:

1. WA7LNW is located in Utah, in an RFI quiet zone one mile high. Jack gets lots of spots the N6NC skimmer does not in all-band HF contests. You can log into his skimmer for telnet spots on the Reverse Beacon Network [http://www.reversebeacon.net/skimmers.php], or directly from Windows operating systems at:

RUN
CMD
telnet 208.65.1.201 7300

2. N6NC skimmer: My skimmer is in a relatively high urban noise zone, but receives different propagation than WA7LNW's skimmer. (For instance, each skimmer shows entirely different spots for the CQWW 160m 'test, and N6NC shows better Pacific rim spots due to its location on the Pacific coast.) You can log into the N6NC skimmer for telnet spots through the Reverse Beacon Network addres above, or directly from Windows operating systems at:

RUN
CMD
telnet n6ncskimmer.ath.cx 7300

Enjoy.