[SCCC] NAQP RTTY WN6K Single Op LP

Paul E.Dorey wn6k at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 17 12:30:33 PDT 2011

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:48

   80:   10     3
   40:  169    42
   20:  213    51
   15:   51    21
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  444   118  Total Score = 52,392

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I got a little bit of a late start but at 44 QSOs per hour, one always feels
they can catch up with the sprinters when they stop for a drink.
15m was BLEH!!! Everything sounded like 6m ES and it was not long that I
just gave it up and went to SluggoLand - 20m.  Swept band and then found a
spot and was having a fair amount of success when W3BI changes modes from
J-something or other and tells me that I have to move...it's apparently
THEIR frequency for that mode or something.  Now I know that there are
various spots that one 'should know about' but give me a break! How many
mode types are 'assigned' exclusivity rights and if they all claim 2kHz
(plus bandwidth for other mode parameters) we will be back to CB channelized
radios.

40m was good but 20 was essentially finished but not being heard quite yet,
I took a break.  Still was not boxing kittens when the break was over but
hung out at the top of the band (away from 0.76,0,70,0,40 and 0,35 so as to
not harbor any more grief on some mode I have never heard of) When Art, W6KY
sent me an 80m freq during a mini run on 40, I decided to try going there
again.  Earlier, I tried but it seemed very hard to be heard on 80 only at
the end of the contest.

Art, W6KY was only 10m contact and SWEEP. I missed MT,DE, ME for WAS and
very little NA DX. I did get a call from a DL but he was in the other
contest and we could not 'communicate' so the exchanges were not made.

Was not on a Team as this is Anniversary Weekend...and although we are going
on cruise this coming week, I needed to keep things loose or I would not
Live to see #41...as it turned out nothing extracurricular was planned but
at least I am good to go for another year.

WN6K, Paul

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/