[SCCC] Copying VERY High Speed CW - Good Advice or Hogwash ??? ( Not Humor )

David Hodge davidchodge at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 14 14:15:43 PDT 2011

Dennis,
Check out the LCWO website.  lcwo.net
RUFZXP is excellent, also.

It is one thing to converse at 70 wpm and another to copy callsigns or exchange information at higher speeds.
Unless one can convert speech to code one will have to type the speed desired, or load text and then send it.

I used the TRLOG practice function to increase my code speed to around 50 wpm.
Using RUFZ and the dos program HST I got as high as 83 wpm (my record) copying callsigns.
Just a guess, maybe a two year period on and off.

Fabian, DJ1YFK, designed the LCWO website. He will tell you to practice every day for 30 minutes or
an hour. You, too, can learn to copy 100 wpm. He is over 200 wpm now.

GL, OM.

David N6AN