[SCCC] 9n1ii in the contest

Glenn Rattmann k6na at cts.com
Fri Feb 24 10:42:23 PST 2012

SCCCers,
Many of the group worked 9N1II in the recent CW contest, and he has
been reported elsewhere on the cluster since then.  Below you can see
an email that W6YA received from 9V1YC, who made inquiries about the
guy.  Bottom line:  Don't bother working or sending QSL $$ or IRC to
the "manager."  It is a pirate operation, set up probably to scam the
money.  Also ignore "D2PZ" when it comes on the air... the same guy
is announcing he will be on from there next.  More scam.
--Glenn K6NA

From: James Brooks, 9V1YC <mailto:9v1yc at nine-v.com><9v1yc at nine-v.com>
To: Jim McCook <mailto:w6ya at cox.net><w6ya at cox.net>

Jim,

FYI below.    Looks like I was right.

Spread the word in your area so this clown doesn't eat too much QSL money.

73

James