[SCCC] KQ6ES ARRL RTTY RU SO LP

John Simmons kq6es at roadrunner.com
Sun Jan 8 17:23:49 PST 2012

                  ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KQ6ES

Class: SO LP
Operating Time (hrs): 17

 Band  QSOs
------------
  80:   12
  40:   82
  20:   85
  15:  189
  10:  136
---------
Total:  504  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 28  Total Score = 41,832

Club: Southern California Contest Club

This was by far a personal record, more than double my previous best score. For the first time ever I had no stray RF on any band. I was able to use 100 watts and leave the garage door plugged in. Only a handful of Japanese stations, and even less Europe, but for the first time I worked all states in a RTTY contest, although I missed DC.
I had some enjoyable stretches, but mentally I was elsewhere and felt very sleepy most of the time. I kept the TV off during the contest this time, but read most of two novels to help stay awake.

John kq6es
FT-1000MP
Cushcraft A3 at 20ft
Butternut vertical