[SCCC] N6WIN @W2IJ 2012 NAQP JAN CW Single Op LP

Timothy Coker n6win73 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 23:15:21 PST 2012

                   North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N6WIN
Operator(s): N6WIN
Station: W2IJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ORG

 160:    9     3
  80:  105    32
  40:   97    40
  20:  164    44
  15:  118    44
  10:   91    23
-------------------
Total:  584   186  Total Score = 108,624

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

I operated from W2IJ's QTH one mile away from home as I was hosting N6RT at
my
QTH so that he could be familiarized with my SO2R setup for the upcoming
February CW Sprint. I also wanted a top notch operator to post a heavy score
from my QTH to add to our SCCC Team One.

My operation was plagued with piss poor prior planning. My lack of setting
up
drivers, contest software, ensuring my Winkeyer 2 would properly key a
TS950S,
etc. really got me off to a poor start. All of this could have been avoided
with a couple hours of work earlier in the week. I apologize to those of you
who endured my poor fist while running early on. After a 48 minute late
start
and a couple of early operating hours, I decided to steal my father's Yaesu
FT950 while he was away. Spare equipment is nearby as luckily W2IJ, my
father
N6EED, and myself all live within a mile of one another. The Yaesu FT950
allowed me to get back to computer control and computer keying.

After the computer control/keying issue was fixed I had a lot of fun
settling
in and enjoying the contest. I have a new found level of respect for those
who
choose to operate with only a keyer and paddle.

Operating equipment:

Yaesu FT950

LM354HD 54' Tower
Force 12 C31XR
Cushcraft D40 rotatable dipole (also my 160m antenna)
80m double bazooka
Writelog latest version