[SCCC] N6WIN 2012 ARRL FD 1E LP

Bill Haddon haddon.bill at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 12:49:14 PDT 2012

and  Milton, N6MG wrote:

>I totally agree with Tim's operating scenario and Glenn's comments.
>I'm a member of the Los Angeles County Disaster Communications Service,''

Tim's operation, and the many others operating in the "E" class may have
the following additional importance:

  With a shift in  emphasis away from the traditional Field Day
"expedition" operations to the home station/emergency power class the
collective response might just be the best argument yet to modify or
eliminate the onerous HOA restrictions that are so stifling to ham radio.

Tim is shown that the "fun"  and "challenge" aspects of FD can be
maintained in a home environment.  Maybe even re-name the event to reflect
the new emphasis.  And maybe add bonus points an alternative power food
supply [how was that delicisous food cooked, Tim??]

further evdence from today's news report:

"Violent storms have left more than 3 million people without electricity to
face a second day of sweltering in 100-degree heat."

Here in CA, traditional FD type operations are still quite appropriate for
the upcoming CQP.

73 Bill N6ZFO  (NCCC)