[SCCC] N6WIN 2012 ARRL FD 1E LP

Dino Darling dino at kx6d.com
Mon Jul 9 19:45:02 PDT 2012

Field Day allows for un-licensed operators operating under a control
operator (that's a lot of "O's"). I'd drop "appropriately licensed
operator."

For further discussion, there is a limit on the number of transmitters
(transceivers?) operating on one band-mode at a time...

"4. Entry Categories: Field Day entries are classified according to the
maximum number of simultaneously
transmitted signals...

6. Miscellaneous Rules:

6.3. Phone, CW and Digital (non-CW) modes on a band are considered as
separate bands. A station may
be worked only once per band under this rule.

6.7. The use of more than one transmitter at the same time on a single
band-mode is prohibited. Exception:
a dedicated GOTA station may operate as prescribed in Rule 4.1."

The key words here are "SIMULTANEOUSLY" and "AT THE SAME TIME". While
the rules clearly state TRANSMITTING radios in rule #4, using two radios
on a single band-mode AT THE SAME TIME (one TX and one RX) is open for
interpretation. The rules say NO. Of course, they do say "transmitter"
in 6.7. Is it only a transmitter when transmitting and a receiver when
receiving...or do they mean "transceiver"?

Again, my initial reaction was that a lock-out was not allowed. As I
read the rules, I was right; but now I'm not sure.

Dino - KX6D