[SCCC] Visalia 2013, Field Day, W3ZZ SK

Richard J Norton richardjnorton at dslextreme.com
Tue Jun 5 17:49:36 PDT 2012

 A few items:

California DX Club will be held at the Visalia Conference Center in
downtown Visalia, California from April 19-21, 2013.

We are excited about this change.  The beautiful Visalia Convention Center,
will provide us with many advantages for the 2013 meeting.  The Convention
Center has 17 meeting rooms and 2 Board Rooms, which will allow us to put
together several concurrent presentations.

The Center can easily handle 80 to 100 Vendors in their Exhibit Hall, as
well as a banquet for 1,000 attendees.  Any vendor wishing to Exhibit at
IDXC 2013 will be guaranteed a space.  Anyone wishing to attend the
Saturday evening banquet will be guaranteed a seat.

There is ample free parking in the area.  For a small daily fee, RV
visitors will be able to park in a special section in the parking lot.

Food and beverage needs will be catered by the recently remodeled Marriott
Hotel, which is the host hotel immediately adjacent to the Convention
Center.

Currently we are working with the Visalia Visitors Bureau to finalize hotel
arrangements for the Convention.  We will use their Passkey system for
registration at the Marriott as well as a number of other Convention hotels
in the area.

Please check the IDXC website during the week of June 18, 2012 for more
information about booking rooms for the Convention.

You can use either of these domain names to get there:
dxconvention.org      or
    dxconvention.com

We look forward to a successful IDXC meeting next year !

73,

John Miller, K6MM
Kevin Rowett, K6TD
2013 IDXC Co-Chairs

-----------

Field Day is coming on the weekend of  June 23 - 24. If your local club has
not put the location on the ARRL Field Day Locator site, and welcomes
visitors, it would be a good idea to add it. See
http://www.arrl.org/field-day-locator

It is with sorrow that I report that noted contester, Gene Zimmerman, W3ZZ,
who many of us were friendly with at Visalia, passed away on June 3, See
http://www.arrl.org/news/former-the-world-above-50-mhz-conductor-gene-zimmerman-w3zz-sk

73,

Dick, N6AA