[SCCC] ki6qdh / portable

Marty Woll n6vi at socal.rr.com
Fri Mar 9 11:16:19 PST 2012

Hi, Fred.

Glenn is correct that all contacts made using your callsign from within a single DXCC country (for us, that's the "lower 48") may be used to qualify for a DXCC award or endorsement for operation from that country.

As to how to sign, the general consensus among the discussion groups I monitor is that you are better off not signing "portable", etc. so you minimize mismatches in LoTW and keep it simple.  If, for your own information, you want to track contacts made from a place other than your main station, you can easily create a new location using the TQSL program and select whichever one is appropriate each time you prepare a log for uploading to LoTW.  If the new location is in a different grid square (for VHF and up),county (for county hunters) or state (for WAS), it's probably a good idea to set up that alternate location in TQSL.  I have several locations set up for my home call, mainly due to my / UHF / microwave contesting.  It's really easy to do; just open TQSL, click on Station and then on Add Location.  Once that's' done, you will be prompted to select among the locations you have defined each time you go to digitally sign a log file.

73,

Marty

Marty Woll N6VI
Vice-Director, ARRL Southwestern Division
Ass't DEC, ARESLAX
BCUL 15 & Training Officer, LAFD ACS
CERT III