[SCCC] WPX SSB KQ6ES SOSB10 HP

John Simmons kq6es at roadrunner.com
Sun Mar 25 17:39:59 PDT 2012

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB
Call: KQ6ES
Class: SOSB10 HP

 Band  QSOs  Points
-----------------------
   10:  294    501
-----------------------

One of my rare serious phone efforts. 257 of my contacts were made Friday and Saturday, with some nice little runs, and numerous folks "not in the contest" who wanted a brief chat and obligingly gave me number 001.
Sunday was rotten, just 37 contacts. In the afternoon I would hear occasional callsigns from the southeast, especially Florida, but my CQ's were useless. Nothing but South America, with the loud exception of WN1GIV in Florida who seemed to be 59 no matter what.

USA contacts:   177 (none from the 0 call area)
South America:   74
All others:  63 including 1 Europe and 4 Japan .

John kq6es

FT-1000MP
Cushcraft A3 at 20ft
300 watts