[SCCC] Sweepstakes

Randy Johnson randyj at loan-wolf.com
Mon Nov 5 14:09:53 EST 2012

I forgot the contest was even on until I happened to sit down and, WOW!,

I was able only to operate for about 2 hours on Saturday night  and 4 more
scattered hours on Sunday.

I decided to

a)      Operate QRP with my vertical antennas

b)      Use the Salton Sea ARC club call AA6SS

Astonishingly, I managed about 25 QSOs per hour, about what I can normallydo
with 100 watts.

Managed 58 sections and 165 QSOs.  That's a new Section every 3 QSOs.
Missed LAX, SB, and SF in CA, AZ and NV, and a few in NE and more in Canada,
obviously.

Only made 2 contacts while calling CQ.  QRP ain't for running!

Big DX was PR and VI, both on 40 meters  I went to 10 meters once and heard
a lonely NP4Z calling CQ.

I talked with only 2 other QRP stations, one of whom had over 500 contacts.

Does anyone who has "done everything" want do a Multi op QRP operation at a
QTH with great antennas?

Randy

W6SJ