[SCCC] CaQP KQ6ES SOFixed HP

John Simmons kq6es at roadrunner.com
Mon Oct 8 01:33:33 EDT 2012

California QSO Party
KQ6ES
Class: SOFixed HP
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

 Band  CW Qs  Ph Qs
--------------------
  160:    0     0
   80:   50     0
   40:  146     0
   20:  281     0
   15:  278     0
   10:  118     0
    6:    0     0
    2:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  873     0  Mults = 52  Total Score = 136,188

Finding all the mults is way harder with just CW. Last year I missed 5, this year 6. Ouch. I never heard KY, NV, UT, ND, SD, and NT. I ran almost the whole time, which was nice, but perhaps I should have S&P'd more to find some of the tougher states. Anyway, this contest was like a rerun of last year. My band and overall totals this year are remarkably similar to 2011. Either conditions were similar or my operating habits have become more fixed than I realize, although I never checked band totals during the contest.

As I still have not replaced the broken paddle on my Schurr key, I used the Bencher and never did get completely used to the different feel. Some bad sending now and then. The keyboard sending didn't sound good to me, and my trusty Logikey kept buzzing mysteriously in the middle of an exchange, so I used the paddle most of the time.

Thankfully I had no serious noise issues on the low bands this time. I still got a headache and quit a little early Saturday night. Only a 4 Tylenol contest - that's a new personal record low. I'd also like to thank my air conditioner for breaking down on a weekend when the temperatures weren't too high.

John kq6es
FT-1000MP, 400 watts
3-el tribander at 20ft
Butternut vertical