[SCCC] KI6VC 2012 CQP

Vic ki6vc at verizon.net
Mon Oct 8 09:05:33 EDT 2012

2012 Cal QSO Party

Station.....KI6VC
Call/Op ...KI6VC
Class.......SOAB HP
OpTime...16 Hours
Exch........# KERN
QTH........Cal City

Band........SSB......CW......Mult
80  ...........15 ........20........0
40 ............108 ......121......1
20 ............232 ......197......12
15 ............114 ......184......38
10 ............119 ......127......5
.................588.......649 ....56

Total Qs 1237  Claimed Score 174,440

Station:  IC 756 ProIII, AL-1200, 40~10 4el SteppIR @ 55 Ft, 80M G5RV @ 55 Ft
Software: N1MM 12.9.2

Comments:

With most of K6Z perps handling family stuff and our site used by the LonePine Film
Fest, I was force to run the test from home...yes enduring the comforts of home.
First the problems: The only glitch was hum on my mike...several stations commented
on it. Changed mike elements, changed mikes, change the mike hookup...better but
still hum. Removed the MFJ PC interface and boom hum gone. That was it, all smooth
running. Not a glitch but with Big Al running flat out really warmed up the shack. A big fan at
at the door helped but it was 9 degrees warmer that the rest of the house.
Condition were very good with activity at a super level. More like a major contest not
a state Q party. Except for 80M didn't have to make many CQs running all but a few
Qs. Missed KL7 and NT mults. Cluster searches showed no VE8s and a KL7 early in the
test but very little contest op time. Wonder if any cal station got a clean sweep.
The G5RV was better than I'd hoped.  Sunday morning with very little activity, I called CQ
and work several east coast and new england stations all 10 over the noise.
In the RTTY contest I was called by a D2...figured a joke (WTFWL) but he showed up on
LoTW. Hope the 5A is the same!!! While 1238 Qs is not a personal best it is
for 16 hours.
This contest had one low point...a jammer followed me around 20 SSB with some
foul cussing and yelling. Decided to ignore him and just kept working'em. Having
failed he moved on.
Now that I'm retired (say slacker) I can really work on contesting and be ready for
the Zed gang next year!!

73 KI6VC & Sparky

RF cures Global Warming...Save the world
CONTEST MORE