[SCCC] Operators Sought for Saturday JOTA in Brea

W6UM at aol.com W6UM at aol.com
Tue Oct 16 11:43:14 EDT 2012

Looking for a couple of operators willing to help with the Boy Scout
Jamboree On The Air in Brea next Saturday, October 20, between 10 AM and 4  PM
local time.

This will be a first-time operation from the Jamboree, so operators with an
 adventurous spirit will be especially welcome. Set-up will be complete
ahead of time, but the effectiveness of the antennas with low power in the
given  location is an unknown. We hope to keep two HF stations plus one on VHF
active.  Overall this will be like a Field Day in October.

There will be 600 Scouts at the Jamboree. We don't know how many  will
visit the stations.

The Jamboree will be at the Firestone Scout Reservation at Tonner Canyon in
 Brea. Anyone interested contact me individually for driving directions.

JOTA will be concurrent (same hours of operation) with an operation from
USS Iowa, here in Long Beach harbor. I'm sure both stations would welcome
QSOs  with SCCC members. I will post callsigns as soon as they are decided.

73,
Chas., W6UM