[SCCC] NN3V CQ WW SSB

NN3V_6 nn3v_6 at san.rr.com
Mon Oct 29 13:44:03 EDT 2012

Call: NN3V

Operator(s): NN3V

Station: NN3V

Class: SOAB Low Power

QTH: NN3V

Operating Time (hrs): 32 1/3 hours

 Band  QSOs  Zones  Countries

------------------------------

  160:

   80:

   40:   88    18       23

   20:  169    25       49

   15:  285    28       72

   10:  452    25       66

------------------------------

Club: SAN DIEGO DX CLUB

Equipment: Yaesu FTDX5000MP and 4 element SteppIR at 35 feet (Poway Rules)

Of all the contests I've operated, that was one of them!

I could not believe 10 meters! It simply would not die down for me.

on all bands, I never did use the rotator much. Just left the SteppIR
pointed East-West in the mid-day, North-South in the evening-morning, with
the Bi-Directional mode set. UNBELIEVABLE.

After finishing second in the all band 6 region last year, I decided I would
really give it a go this year. Drank a lot of coffee, and spent a lot of
time chasing very low signal level contacts. I also spent a lot of time
working the noise cancellation features of the FT5000. What a totally
amazing radio!

Glad that for this solar cycle I was lucky enough to have decent equipment.
A lot different from my set-up the last time around. Wonder what 11 years
from now will be like? (I hope I get to hear it).

73 de NN3V

Charlie