[SCCC] Winning DX Contests from the West Coast in Mexico

HL Serra hlserra at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 23:23:08 EST 2013

Hi Wayne-

How did this one turn out?  It was the highest multi-multi score on the
west coast of North America, but it confirmed what most of us already
knew:  it's difficult to produce a world-class score in a DX contest from
this side on the continent.

But--Ta-Dah--we did win one in 1995 when we won the World (M/2) in the ARRL
DX CW Contest as properly licensed 6E2T from Ensenada, and nobody has done
it since as far as I can tell. Team 6E2T: K6LL, K6LA, N6NC, N6KI, N6HC,
KM6SN. Guys probably can't even win it as M/2 any more with only six guys
(unless it's M6MJ and K6AM), as M/2 requires 4 rigs-- 2 MULTs and 2 RUN
stations on each band.

Also during that same contest David N6AN ran almost as many Qs as we did as
a single op in Mexico City with ANT wires thrown off the roof of his
apartment house. What an op!

Cheers, and 73,

Larry N6NC