[SCCC] Thanks!

Cliff K3LL K3LL at EEContent.com
Wed Feb 27 18:32:04 EST 2013

Just when you thought you were "done"!

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-delivers-final-version-of-ie-10-for-windows-7
-7000011849/?s_cid=e550

73,

Cliff K3LL/6

-----Original Message-----
From: SCCC [mailto:sccc-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Wayne Overbeck
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:52 AM
To: sccc at contesting.com
Subject: [SCCC] Thanks!

I'd like to thank everyone who offered suggestions about web design and
HTML.

I didn't know how much I didn't know.  I guess I'd better toss my
pre-millennium edition of "HTML4 for Dummies" and get a new guidebook.
Sadly, Netscape Composer 4.5 seems to be out of date.  I'll miss it, but
then I miss Wordstar and CP/M, too.

I didn't even know that the narrow column on the left or right side of a web
page was called a "sidebar."  I never had a web site with a sidebar until
N6NB.com grew one two days ago.  All I had was hundreds of pictures and
thousands of words of text, primitively displayed in single-column format.

I had no idea what "CSS" means.  I thought CSS was something of interest to
urban planners because CEQA requires them to protect CSS to avoid destroying
the habitat of threatened species such as CGs. (Translation:  The California
Environmental Quality Act requires planners to protect coastal sage scrub to
avoid destroying the habitat of threatened species such as California
gnatcatchers.)  There are seminars about CSS that have little to do with
cascading style sheets.

Regardless of what I learn about the real CSS, the link to the Open Source
Web Design page will be very helpful.  Thanks, Prasad.

Thanks to Jim, AF6O, for sending me a line of HTML code to help vertically
align the new sidebar in N6NB.com.  The appearance in IE, Firefox and Safari
is the same, give or take a few pixels.  The display is about the same with
Android and Apple mobile devices as well.

73, Wayne, N6NB