[SCCC] Advice

Bob Wilson N6HB at n6hb.org
Mon Jan 21 21:14:13 EST 2013

Noise-cancelling headsets are good for reducing/eliminating white noise and
blower noise, but relatively ineffective on voice frequencies. When I used
to operate at KY1H (now K1TTT), he used office cubicle walls (the padded,
fabric covered type) as a partition between operating positions. It cut down
in-room QRM a LOT. You should be able to pick them up used for a song.

If your friend actually IS talking about fan/blower type noise, Bose and
David Clark headsets work well.

-Bob