[SCCC] Advice

David Hodge davidchodge at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 02:00:02 EST 2013

I find that a good, comfortable ear plug with regular headphones does a good job of
improving the signal to noise to my ears. I just have to increase the volume a bit. I
tend to listen at lower levels than most operators I know anyway.
For extra external attenuation put on the noise cancelling headphones, too.
This is what I have to do on an airplane to feel comfortable.

I love the Bose, but the headband is not very strong. It is easy to break them just stretching
them out to fit around one's head. I have a pair of Audio Technica cans that have a more solid headband.
I wish they had Bose electronics inside.
One difference between these two brands is that the Bose are dead with the switch off.
The A.T. cans pass audio with the noise cancelling off and have higher volume with the noise
cancelling on.

73,
David N6AN