[SCCC] Fw: [CQ-Contest] N6TR SS tips from 10 years ago

Dennis Younker NE6I ne6i at cox.net
Sun Oct 20 00:26:35 EDT 2013

Fun reading. Cross posted from the CQ-CONTEST reflector. Some definite
accuracies and some tongue in cheek. I suspect that all SCCCers will enjoy
reading or re-reading Tree's "Secrets of Operating Sweepstakes". I know that
I did. As you probably know, N6TJ is still a club member and N6TR was also
one of the earliest members. Both were early SCCC bulletin
editors/publishers. Not to digress but I have *some* information on the
early formative years of SCCC and know that both of these two legendary
contesters were involved. Do click on the link below if you haven't already
done so and enjoy the write up. If you scroll up and down the page, you will
find quite a bit of great stuff written by some of the best contesters out
there. If you scan to the top, you will likely get a kick out of N6TR's 1992
comments about what is now known as a voice keyer or voice memory keyer.
It's followed by an insightful write up by still another legendary SCCCer,
Dick Norton, N6AA regarding pile up managment. I could go on but suffice it
to say, all of us should read or re-read this stuff.

--Dennis NE6I