[SCCC] NAQP SSB

Vic ki6vc at verizon.net
Sun Jan 19 09:14:45 EST 2014

K6IVC JAN 2014 NAQP SSB

CALL:...........KI6VC
STATION......KI6VC
OP:...............KI6VC
CLASS.........SOAB LOW POWER
OP TIME......8.5 HRS
CLUB...........SCCC TEAM #1

BAND......QSO.....SEC.....MULT2
160.............0.........0..........0
80.............29.......4...........0
40..............52.....24..........0
20............105.....35..........2
15............297.....46..........1
10............137......26..........0
________________________
................620.......145.......3

CLAIMED SCORE... 91,760

STATION:  k3, 40~10 4el STEPPIR @ 55 FT, 80M G5RV @ 55FT
 SOFTWARE:  N1MM 13.7.2

WOW Talk about a rocket start...the first 4.5 hrs were rate plus.  Of course
thing went down after that. Sparky the RateDog showed his new Padawan
how its done! but couldn't keep it going.  Activity was super.  The bands were in good shape.
Rates on on 10 and 15 were great and I stayed to long on 15.  The late jump to 20 cost me.
QRN on 40 caused me to jump back and forth to 20.  Couldn't get anything on 80 until late.
I only missed two states ... SD and WY.  NV and HI came in the last 10 minutes!!
Equipment ran great and the only problem I had was RF in the USB/RS232 line.
More ferrites and a reboot cured the problem.  Seems 15M is the problem.
Now to see how the K3 work with RTTY

73 KI6VC & Sparky

RF cures Global Warming...Save the world
CONTEST MORE
?Speak softly and carry a big stick.? ? Teddy Roosevelt
?The buck stops here.? ? Harry Truman
?I didn?t set a red line.? ? Barack Obama