[SCCC] KG7NV (K6ZH) in DM17 for June VHF contest

Jim Price jnprice at pacbell.net
Thu Jun 12 15:31:47 EDT 2014

All - I have returned to our second QTH in Goldfield, NV for this year's June VHF contest.  We are in grid DM17, Esmeralda County - both fairly rare.

I need to work some CA grids for mults, so I'll be looking south and west sometimes, hoping for some tropo or backscatter.   I have an amp with me this year as well.

I can meet skeds if anyone needs a DM17 QSO before the contest.  I can do SSB, CW, meteor scatter, and several digital modes.  I've already worked a couple of SoCalif guys this trip for this grid.

I had an amazing run on 6 meter CW yesterday around 2100Z.  I ran 40 stations in about 30 minutes - mostly W1s, W2s, and W3s.  Imagine - a pileup on 6 meter CW  :-)

Hope to work many of you.
Recall that the callsign here is KG7NV.

Tnx, 73 - Jim, K6ZH