[SCCC] ARRL June VHF - W6PH DM06

W6ph--- via SCCC sccc at contesting.com
Wed Jun 18 11:11:40 EDT 2014

ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: W6PH
Operator(s):  W6PH
Station: W6PH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: DM06wn Lone Pine  CA
Operating Time (hrs): 6.8

6:  194   88
------------------------
Total:  194    88   Total Score = 17,072

Club: Southern California Contest  Club

Comments:

FTdx3000 SB220 conversion  6M7JHV at 60  feet

CW -  21 contacts
SSB- 173 contacts

Saturday:   The band opened to Texas mid afternoon with very spotty and
overall
weak  signals for about two hours.  As the sun was going down the band
shifted
to the northwest with weak signals.  The highlight was KL7NO  calling in
with a
good signal from BP54.  About 110 contacts in the  log.

Sunday:  The band opened to the northwest around noon time. The  opening
came on
suddenly with a couple VE6's and then to the west with tons  of stations
from VE7
down into CN85 (Portland area).  I think I worked  every station in Seattle
(CN87).  KL7NO called in again to say hi but  was much weaker than
Saturday.
Nothing to the east at all on Sunday.   This opening only lasted a couple
hours.

No double hops this year and  generally weak signals from very small Es
clouds.

73, Kurt  W6PH