[SCCC] Hy Gain yagis

John Barcroft k6am at arrl.net
Fri Aug 21 14:45:48 EDT 2015

Guys,

I am just finishing a paper on converting Hy Gain yagis to OWA designs.  In
the coarse of modeling the original stock antennas, I think I discovered a
serious error in the HyGain design that would cause the antenna to perform
differently than the manual says it should.

If you happen to have either a HyGain 204BA, 205CA or 155CA that was built
to exactly the manual dimensions (including the hairpin) and is mounted
fairly clear of other antennas, you can help me confirm this error by
sending me a set of SWR readings including one at the exact SWR minimum
frequency.

If you had to change the dimensions to get yours to work, please send the
new dimensions and your new SWR readings.

If I'm right, this will help hundreds of our fellow hams fix their antennas.

Tnx,

John, K6AM

.