[SCCC] Fw: [NCCC] W6RJ (SK)

JIM NEIGER n6tj at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 6 02:20:39 EST 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Smith
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2015 9:00 PM
To: nccc at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [NCCC] W6RJ (SK)

Very sad indeed!  I have great memories of Bob as well. He was one of a
kind!

R.I.P. We'll miss you!

73, Rich, N6KT

To: nccc at contesting.com
Date: Saturday, December 5, 2015, 4:05 PM

I was deeply saddened by the news
today that Bob, W6RJ, is now SK.

Just two days ago I was looking a his photo in an online
draft copy of the
2016 FOC Directory and hoping Bob would come to Visalia
again in April.

Many fond memories from back in the 'good old days' when Bob
was K6AHV and a
Police Officer in Pittsburg.  Jim Neiger and I made
periodic trips up to
have eyeball QSOs and 807's with Bob (and his beautiful
police dog/law
enforcement partner).

When I QRT'd from HF for 30 years, I will always remember
during a landline
QSO Bob inviting me to come up for dinner one Friday
night.  When I arrived,
it turned out to be the CW SS Weekend (back when SS was 48
hours each
weekend).  Bob talked me into getting on the air before
dinner to 'make a
few SS QSOs'.  Ahhhhh, I ended up staying the rest of
the weekend working SS
with wonderful meals provided by Bob's XYL.

The last 50+ years have zipped by way too fast ;-(

R.I.P., my friend.

73 & KB,

Rick - K 6 V V A * The Locust

(never publish this address)