[SCCC] W6RR - SK

Ray Benny rayn6vr at cableone.net
Thu Jun 4 12:18:51 EDT 2015

Gordon was really a go get'er!

Back in the late '60's when I lived in 'The Gambia" and was ZD3G,  rare DX then, Gordon was the only station that asked me to move from band to band. One evening, we finally made it on 80m. Back then, that was a feat, especially with my 100 watts and low 80m inverted V.

When I returned to So. Cal., we would always talk about that effort. He has always had a special place in my mind.

And as we can see, he did a lot of good for many people.

RIP, (I know he is)

Ray,
N6VR
EX WA6LBP
Retired in 2009 to Central AZ, near Prescott