[SCCC] Gmail users: email reflector postings info and formatting

Bob Grubic bobgrubic at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 17:05:27 EDT 2015

This is has been a most enlightening, though frustrating, exercise.

TOPIC ONE
Several Web sites state that receiving your own posts is a gmail specific
problem (as have several members here on he list). (I use gmail. I first
got the problem when I changed my SCCC email address to my gmail address. I
did *not* have the problem for several years prior when I was still using
my AOL email address.)

After googling, of course, I poked around my own gmail settings and
discovered that if I select "Tabs To Enable" and enable (check) the "Forum"
tab I do see my own posting there!  Voila! It is just not in my "Inbox" tab.

This is a bit inconvenient, but I can access it all by myself--as returned
to me. And, presumably, you can too, gmail users! Note, that I'm not
talking about my Sent Mail, I'm talking about emails that I *receive*--only
they're in the "Forum" tab.

TOPIC TWO
Knowing now that my formatting is not retained through the process of
submitting and distributing of email postings, I shall attempt a more
generally type of formatting that *will* make it through, though less
robust and less visually pleasing.

Thanks to all club member who responded to my situation here and offline.

73,
Bob NC6Q