[SCCC] CQP 2015

Bob Grubic bobgrubic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 21:30:04 EDT 2015

California QSO Party

Call: NC6Q
Operators: NC6Q N6HHR W6LGB K6VON

Class: Multi-single, CntyExp LP
QTH: Imperial County
Operating Time: 24 hours

15   0  107
10   0    14
-----------
   120   285 = 405 Qs Total

with 50 Multipliers

46,500 points Total Score

Comments:
Missed the Gold Rush Coins by only the "H"
Never heard it anywhere. Spent a lot of time
listening for it too!

This was an informal effort with 3 of the team
members non-contesters, and the setup was a fun
one--in an RV Park in El Centro--with showers
and a swimming pool to boot!
Antennas were a 3-band Spiderbeam up 31
feet on a fiberglass mast and a long-wire up
abt 50 feet in the trees.

*El Centro is the largest American city to lie entirely *
*below sea level (-39 feet).* --Wikipedia
[I guess our long-wire put us above sea level!]

Surprises were the Qs into Ukraine, Czech Republic,
Lithuania, Australia, and Hawaii (off the back of
the beam).

QTH was right next door to a Home Depot--though
it wasn't needed.

The California County Expedition idea is a great
one! Try it, you'll like it! Many thanks to NCCC
for their great job sponsoring the CQP!