[SCCC] Tower work

W6ph at aol.com W6ph at aol.com
Sat Dec 10 21:44:04 EST 2016

On Thursday Hector XE2K came up to Cal City to remove the 100 foot tower of
 K6ZZ from his old residence.  I was there watching (and helping a little)
and Hector did a great job.  He was on the tower and there were four ground
 crew to follow his directions.  The most difficult part was removing a
204BA at the top of a 100 pound mast.  Working by himself at 100 feet he  was
able to remove the antenna in tact and guide it down to the ground.
Dismantling the ten sections of T-15 took him about three hours.  He has  the
right equipment to do the job and is very safety conscious.  He  quipped, "I mak
e a living doing this, not a dying doing this."

If anyone needs tower work done, I would recommend getting in touch with
Hector.  He is a good guy.

73, Kurt W6PH