[SCCC] NS Ladder # 25. . Thursday nights.

Bill Haddon haddon.bill at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 01:46:40 EST 2016

Last Thursday, the NCCC Sprint Ladder  (NSL) began its 25th session.  The
2nd of 8 weeks is this Thursday night, 1830-1900 PST on 20, 40, 80 and 160
cw (all +040 except +015 on 160).

Several of you from SCCC have joined this fun group in previous years.
W6KY and W6SJ come to mind.  We welcome all of you!  Announcement below.
The support from Bruce,  WA7BNM and 3830scores.com have been crucial in our
success.

73 Bill n6zfo
Contest Director
NCCC Sprint Ladder

With great enthusiasm we announce the big *25th NCCC Sprint Ladder
competition, NSL XXV,* starting this Thursday night, Jan 7.  [0230-0300Z
Fri on 20, 40, 80 and 160 m . . details below.]

NSL XXV continues on 8 consecutive Thursday nights. 30 fast mins of fun
contesting.  Only the top five scores are counted -- you can miss 3 weeks
and still compete fully in one of the 5 divisions.

It's our 25th ladder since the inception of NSL in 2004.  In the first
ladder competition K6VVA and K6XX tied for first and were awarded a copy of
a book titled "How to Cure Your Addictions".

We hope you will help us celebrate this significant accomplishment
​ of 25 sessions​
, at the same time sharpening your sprinting and general CW contesting
skills.

And .  for those of you now very fired up about RTTY sprints, consider the
very fun RTTY NCCC Sprint, organized and conducted by one of NCCC's top
performers in last weekend's RTTY RU, Ken, K6MR.   Details on the nccc-blue
reflector (see below)
Times:  1745-1815 PST  (0145-0215Z Fri).

73 Bill N6ZFO  ​
Director and Founder of
NCCC Sprint Ladder -- with much help.

*NCCC Sprint Ladder XXV - "Contesting on the Edge"      *

NS Ladder (NSL) is a short snappy event, friendly to newcomers, but
intense.  You'll join some of the best contest enthusiasts in the US. Regulars
will slow to match your speed.

NSL XXV begins this Thursday night Jan 7 (Friday morning 0230 UTC) and
continues through Feb 26-- every Thurs. night.

         -- 0230-0300 UTC exactly (please set time accurately)
   -- 20, 40, 80 and 160m  38-44 KHz up from band edge, 1813-1818 on 160m.
          -- 100 watts max.
          -- Sprint QSY, format, NAQP-style mults per band
          -- 1 KHz minimum QSY, 2-3 KHz encouraged.
          -- Contact stations once per band.
          -- Score reports to 3830scores.com (Tks, WA7BNM)
          -- In final rankings, only the top 5 scores count.

    Rules:  http://www.ncccsprint.com/ladder.html
    Schedule:  http://www.ncccsprint.com/next_ns.html
    Divisions . . see map at http://www.ncccsprint.com/ladder.html
    Weekly results:  "GO" button at www.ncccsprint.com