[SCCC] FW: Ham Radio - when_giants_walked_the_bands.pdf

Michael S. Mitchell w6rw at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 7 11:42:18 EDT 2016

This is a great slide show, but they have the history a little wrong. In the old days it was just multi operator. This could be single band or all band. Then came 1957 when the great W6RW reported the first multi operator multi transmitter effort and the first score over 1 million points. W6RW won the CQWW from the West Coast that year.

Then came 1958 when K2GL in order to compete with the great W6RW also went Multi Multi and was the first station to break the 2 million point barrier. K2GL won the CQWW for 1958.

Because of the keen competition between W6RW and K2GL the Multi Multi category was instituted for the 1959 CQWW.

Just wanted to set the history record straight!!!

Thanks for the bandwidth es 73 de Mike W6RW