[SCCC] Fwd: Major Change to ARRL By Laws proposed by Hudson Div. Director N2YBB

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 00:53:29 EST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Bob Wilson, N6TV" <n6tv at arrl.net>
Date: Dec 21, 2017 9:17 PM
Subject: Major Change to ARRL By Laws proposed by Hudson Div. Director N2YBB
To: "NCCC Reflector" <nccc at contesting.com>, "NCCC BoD Plus"
<nccc-bod-plus at nccc.cc>, "MLDXCC Reflector" <mldxcc at contesting.com>, "NCDXC
Reflector" <chat at ncdxc.org>, "Jim Tiemstra" <k6jat at arrl.net>

"ARRL is a representative democracy — its members control its policies
through the power of the ballot."

Source:  http://www.arrl.org/organization-structure

This could change quickly.

ARRL Hudson Division Director Mike Lisenco, N2YBB, the same Director who
negotiated the flawed Amateur Radio Parity Act, is now proposing a major
change to the longstanding voting rules of the ARRL Board of Directors.
Instead of 15 Directors having sole voting privileges, one per ARRL
Division, he is proposing to give additional voting privileges to the ARRL
President (K5UR) and the three (3) ARRL Vice Presidents (K0GW, N5ZGT,
K0QB), none of whom are elected directly by the membership.  Effectively,
the Dakota Division (ND, SD, and MN) would get 15.8% of the voting power (3
out of 19 votes) even though they represent less than 3% of the ARRL
membership.  It also means that even if all five Directors up for election
this summer are replaced, instead of a potential 8 to 7 majority in favor
of more BoD openness, they would now represent an 8 to 11 *minority*.

To review, these five directors (including N2YBB) all supported the revised
Amateur Radio Parity Act, they all voted in favor of the flawed Code of
Conduct, and they all voted in favor of the censuring of N6AA.

I've published N2YBB's proposed changes to the ARRL By-Laws as a single PDF
file here:

https://bit.ly/N2YBBmotions

*I hereby urge our Director, W6RGG, and all ARRL Directors, to vote AGAINST
this proposal. * It's an obvious move to put more power into the hands of
those who already have it, instead of into the hands the ARRL membership
where it belongs.

Feel free to forward these messages.

73,
Bob, N6TV