[SCCC] CQ WW WPX CW

Bob Grubic bobgrubic at gmail.com
Sun May 28 21:02:02 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, CW
.
Call: NC6Q
Operator(s): NC6Q
Station: NC6Q/8 (Ohio)
.
Class: SO LP (Unassisted)
QTH: Sheffield Village, Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Location: Ohio
.
20:       232
.
Total:.........232
Prefixes.....185
Total Score.......70,855
.
Club: Southern California Contest Club
.
Comments:
Didn't bring any HF gear with me, but coming from Dayton, I got
re-enthused. Borrowed some gear from a ham friend and operated Single Band
20 meters with a wire ground plane antenna hauled up into a tree at my
sister's house. Disconnected the antenna during a storm that passed by. I
missed the computer sending. Had to send everything by hand with an old
Heathkit Electronic Keyer. Rig was a Drake TR7. Actually got better as time
went on, then got tired and made mistakes in the final half hour. Had great
fun though! Quite different operating here than from California. Nice to
hear so many Europeans! Worked 38 countries in total.