[SCCC] CQP - SOAB LP Fixed WN6K

WN6K at cox.net WN6K at cox.net
Tue Oct 10 00:07:41 EDT 2017

    California QSO Party

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: VISTA, CA

  160:    8      1
   80:   72      1
   40:  114     12
   20:  305    218
   15:  131    129
   10:    1      1
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Well looking back 6 years, if scoring so reflects, we're still at the bottom of
this cycle.  Locally we had dry conditions and the local power lines were
singing away S7-9. I bought a new computer for the shack a few weeks back and
it is a Windows 10 machine that necessitated buying some software upgrades.
What better way to break-in a new system than in the throes of a contest. Other
than some minor operator errors (fat fingers and such) everything will work just
fine.

Still some minor things to adjust but I am going to like it cause the XYL
said, “Happy Birthday, Happy Halloween, Merry Christmas & Saint
Valentines Day!"

I mostly parked and tried to milk the cows as much as I could. Only worked on
station on all Bands & Modes - NO6T but was pleasantly surprised to hear
many EUs on 20/15m.  15 was not as good as I was hoping and it won the Noise
Prize and for that I apologize for the repeat requests and as one (N6ZFO) has
said, we do hope that we stay under the 10% error benchmark.

Today I did get an email from Ruud, DL4CF with a weak WN6K audio working him on
CW and that was very fun to hear how a good op can pull this LP station out of
the mud.

There were some high numbers from the Big Guns being given to us Little Water
Pistolas and for that we are always grateful.

The two Mults I missed were KL7 & NWT.

WN6K, Paul

NO BOOK BINDERS WERE HURT IN THIS CONTEST

Sent from Mail for Windows 10